Friday, February 27, 2009

My Contribution To Today's Tea Party

Since I have to work to pay taxes so the government can take my money to do what they think is best for me, I'm going to use my blog to spread the message of true conservatism in the best way I know how.


READ THIS.

How to Explain Conservatism to Your Squishy Liberal Friends: Individualism 'R' Us

By P.J. O'Rourke



......."When government quits being something we use only in an emergency and becomes the principal source of aid and assistance in our society, then the size, expense and power of government are greatly increased. The decision that politicians are wiser, kinder and more honest than we are and that they, not we, should control the dispensation of eleemosynary goods and services is, in itself, a diminishment of the individual and proof that we're jerks."




Update: Instapundit has this picture from the Nashville Tea Party Protest, as well as pics from others across the country.

WAY TO GO NASHVILLE!!! Wish I could've been there...

No comments: