Monday, April 14, 2008

Hillary Bashes Obama As Elitist? Really?

For those of you like myself who don't really feel too crazy about any of the current choices we appear to have for our next president, at least we can take a little comfort in how ridiculously out of touch both the parties are at this point. Between two rich lawyers screaming at each other about who's less "in touch with the common man" then the other, to Trent Lott not even knowing how to use the DC Metro, I think it's safe to say that the political class couldn't be less in touch with the common man if it was sitting in top of them.

It reminds me of this quote by PJ O'Rourke when he was discussing Hillary's healthcare initiative during Bill's presidency-


"Health care is too expensive, so the Clinton administration is putting a high-powered corporate lawyer -- Hillary -- in charge of making it cheaper. (This is what I always do when I want to spend less money -- hire a lawyer from Yale.) If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free." -- P.J. O'Rourke



The candidate who proposes we finish the job in Iraq first, and also says they will do all they can to keep government away from me will get my vote.

Unfortunately, if I want to vote for a winner, it looks like I will have to vote for the GOP for the second election in a row.

But would guys at least LEARN TO USE THE FREAKING SUBWAY?

Pitiful.

No comments: