Monday, September 18, 2006

Do You Hate Cell Phones? Larry Miller Sure Does.

Me? I enjoy the convenience of ignoring people who call me away from home, plus if I happen to be waiting in line at the DMV, I can pull up the internet on my phone an ignore that obnoxious guy next to me who's "really really really mad about the direction our country is headed".

Larry Miller, aside from being the movie/TV actor that plays that guy you love to hate and one hell of a comedian, can also write a great column. You give him a pet peeve, and consider that peeve beaten senseless. This time, it's cellphones, and our dependancy thereof.


Cell Hell Phone Fun
Or, How I finally caved in.

by Larry Miller
09/15/2006 12:00:00 AM

I HATE CELL PHONES.

Well, hate is probably too strong a word.

No, it's not. I hate them.

I know they've become as essential for all of us as deodorant and bottled water, and that without our phones, we would all sit very still for half a minute or so, then begin drumming our fingers, then roll our necks a couple of times, take a deep breath in and out, quietly whistle a bar or two of "Arriverderci, Roma," then suddenly vault up, screaming, and dive out the nearest tenth story window......


Read the rest here....

In other quick news, the Titans suck. Bad. The Predators had their first preseason game this weekend, and the Red Sox gave me a consolation prize this weekend by taking three of four from the Hated Yankees.

I also will have a post coming shortly about the World Health Organizations reversal on the use of DDT. Better late than never I suppose.

No comments: