Monday, May 02, 2005

Hey Look! She Made A Funny!!......

...........


Laura Bush decided to tear GW a new one this weekend, and I am pleased to see our presidential couple has a healthy sense of humor. It included bits about Laura being such a desperate Housewife that she went to a Chippendales with Lynne Cheney, Condi Rice and some of the other Ladies of the Administration- subsequently I'm now going to do my best to remove that mental image from my mind.

Laura Bush: First lady of comedy?
(The complete transcript of Laura Bush's comments from the White House Correspondents' Association dinner, held April 30:)


Some of my personal favorites from the speech-

I am married to the president of the United States, and here's our typical evening: Nine o'clock, Mr. Excitement here is sound asleep, and I'm watching Desperate Housewives— with Lynne Cheney. Ladies and gentlemen, I am a desperate housewife. I mean, if those women on that show think they're desperate, they oughta be with George.....

But George and I are complete opposites — I'm quiet, he's talkative, I'm introverted, he's extroverted, I can pronounce nuclear —

The amazing thing, however, is that George and I were just meant to be. I was the librarian who speant 12 hours a day in the library, yet somehow I met George.

But I'm proud of George. He's learned a lot about ranching since that first year when he tried to milk the horse. What's worse, it was a male horse.



On another note, I made the unfortunate decision to leave Birmingham and the always enjoyable company of Miss Nastily on saturday afternoon to go and help a friend celebrate his birthday. Said friend, who shall remain nameless, ended up in rare form. Said friend then ended up annoying the majority of the people around us, causing me to leave earlier than expected. Said friend also made awkward attempts at hitting on women that other friends were quite obviously already enamored with. The technical term is cock-blocking-

1. cock block
One who prevents another from scoring sexually.
Trudy and Dan frequently had time alone but her cockblocking roommate ruined any chances they had to have sex.
Source: Miss Priss, Apr 13, 2003

Said friend is young so I will cut him some slack. He still has much to learn in the ways of social grace, to put it kindly. Hopefully he comes away from this weekend a year wiser, and puts his new found knowledge to good use. If not, well, good luck to him.

Shoulda stayed in B'Ham.....sigh......oh well. Next time I'll know better.

On a final note, "Hey Miss Nastily- Whaddaya Think about this for Dinner sometime?"

The World’s First All-glass Undersea Restaurant Opens

The Maldives | 15 April marks the day that the first ever all-glass undersea restaurant in the world opens its doors for business at the Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa. Ithaa* will sit five meters below the waves of the Indian Ocean, surrounded by a vibrant coral reef and encased in clear acrylic offering diners 270-degrees of panoramic underwater views.

"We have used aquarium technology to put diners face-to-face with the stunning underwater environment of the Maldives", says Carsten Schieck, General Manager of Hilton Maldives Resort & Spa. "Our guests always comment on being blown away by the colour, clarity, and beauty of the underwater world in the Maldives, so it seemed the perfect idea to build a restaurant where diners can experience fine cuisine and take time to enjoy the views – without ever getting their feet wet."





How cool does that look? I mean, on a scale of one to ten it's like what, a 13?

Very cool view. Don't tell me how much it would cost. Just let me enjoy the fantasy...

Update: Fantasy Over...

Note to readers.....

Do not try and find out how much it would cost to get to the restaurant underwater.

If you feel like torturing yourself, here is the link to the Hilton hotel on Rangali Island with the underwater restaurant.

Hey- it's only $200 a night!

Then go and price flights to the Maldives. Because once you get there, you'll need to spend $230 to get a sea plane to Rangali Island....because they don't have an airport ya see..and then dinner at the restaurant, which again is why I'm going to the Maldives, is $200 per person......

Here's what Orbitz priced them at.....

So Miss Nastily, what say I sell the condo so we can eat underwater?

No comments: