Friday, May 07, 2004

Mother's Day Itinerary...................

Yep, that time of year again. Me mum's coming down to Nashville this year to be wined and dined as only a loving son could. (cough)...ahem.....My best friend and I have had somewhat of a tradition lately of cooking lobsters at our favorite watering hole, Jacksons, but this year we're skipping the lobsters and will instead have someone else do the cooking. I imagine the cooks at Jacksons wouldn't mind if we stayed the hell out of their kitchen anyways. Since I rarely post about non-political/sports topics, I figured I would show everyone my plans to celebrate the most important woman in my life, so without further adieu, here's Mom's itinerary this weekend....

Friday (night)

8:30 Arrive Int airport -short ten minute drive to check in to nice Hotel off of West End. (she doesn't want to stay in my single bedroom palatial condo (cough-ahem) this year-hey- don't blame me- I offered.)

9:00 dinner at Park Cafe with my best friend and his mom....they have an incredible beer selection here as well, I'll probably be drinking some of these. Good stuff

11:00 (pending Mom's alertness) Guiness at Dan McGuinness' Pub, they have the best Guiness pour in town, if not probably retire for some martini's back at Jacksons.

Saturday

11:00ish- Breakfast and Coffee at Bongo Java, sit out on the patio and enjoy the fabulous springtime weather.

1:00-2:00ish - Go for a hike around Radnor Lake, weather permitting.

3:00 -4:30ish- Head to the Frist Center for the Visual Arts to look at some European Masterworks

5:00- 6:00 -Nap. Hey I'm tired from that hike. Maybe a few martini's at Jacksons.

7:30- Dinner with Mom at F. Scotts. Drrrrrooooolllll.....Damn good eats at F.Scotts people....

11:00-Possibly go to 3rd and Lindsley , and see who's playing, maybe just stay at F. Scotts and hear some Jazz at the Bar and sip more martinis. Yum.....

1:30- Night cap at Jacksons.

Sunday

11:30 -Jazz Brunch at Boscos with the Roland Gresham Trio. The man can play some damn fine guitar. There are few more relaxing ways to spend Sunday morning/afternoon.

4:00 - Drive Mom back to airport and then go home to recover. And work out. Or nap.

Sounds pretty good, no? Food, Art, Music, and ME!!! What more could a mother ask?



No comments: