Friday, April 01, 2005

And So It Begins.........Again.....Next Year Is NOW....

........

I'm not sure I'm ready to finish celebrating the Boston Red Sox 2004 World Championship Season quite yet, but time waits for no one and we must begin Year One AD (AD stands for "after Dave"-as in after Dave Roberts stole second off of Rivera in ALCS game four with two outs and Papi at the plate).

Well, ready or not, here come the defending champs. There is a new blog devoted to this first year AD, put together by Skillzy who designed the excellent Darth Vader/NY Spankees "Defeat the Dark Side" logo from last year. His site is entitled- Last Year Was Next Year. Go and visit, for it is good. It shall soon be added to the "DEFEAT THE EVIL EMPIRE!! October Bosox Fan Suicide Watch Roll" blogroll listed to the right. Soxaholix just celebrated its one year anniversary, and I get a little teared up thinking about last year.

If you're interested, you can read the collection of playoff posts I wrote from last years magical run in this post...

Bill Simmons spells it out clearly for those of us who aren't quite read for 2005 to begin-
Count me among the Red Sox fans who aren't quite ready to start the 2005 baseball season. How can anything top what happened last October? As one of my buddies (who shall remain nameless) joked, "I feel like I woke up after having a threesome with Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson, only they're still asleep and I'm pounding the snooze alarm every nine minutes."

Read the rest of this column and his 10 relevant Sox/Yankees questions to ponder heading into Opening Night on Sunday here.

And one final thought as we head in to the land of Chokees on Sunday:

1918 is dead to me now.

No comments: