Monday, April 11, 2005

Standing At The Feet Of Gods..........

.......



Above: Italian sculptor Giuseppi Moretti's version of Vulcan-God of Fire and Iron- built for the 1904 World's fair, now sitting atop Birmingham's Red Mountain in aptly named Vulcan Park.

This weekend found me walking around that very same walkway shown in the picture above as I gazed over the city of Birmingham, Alabama- quite the magnificent view, I might add- thanks to the gracious hospitality granted by the ravishingly stunning Miss Nastily(What? You have never visited Miss Nastily's House of Fun? No? I haven't linked to it before you say? It's not on the blogroll to the right? Hmm. Well then. That will be corrected post-haste. Just go and visit her blog, for it is great).

I had a blast in B'ham folks. Very cool town. Had some great beers at various pubs and cafe's around town, got to see great show at place called Zydeco's -the band- Downright. They rocked. They even did a scorching cover of Beck's Debra from the Midnite Vultures album, complete with horn section. Danced the night away. Good fun. Great beers. I will return.......

Ooh lovely lady
Girl you drive me crazy
Yeah, i got a little bit of sympathy for you girl
Cause i'm a full grown man
And i'm not afraid to...


Thanks again Miss Nastily, I had a blast and hope to return the favor soon....

No comments: