Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Tman Labor Day Weekend Roundup...............................

...Ugh.......and what a disaster it was.

Chicago- great city, beautiful downtown, lots of parks, great food, awesome nightlife, plus you have the lake with nice beaches to chill out at. Can't quite say I would do a whole of swimming in the lake, but nice nonetheless. Jazz festival was cool, at least the one night I saw of it. We caught the Mile Davis tribute night, which was excellent- Trombonist Conrad Herwig and trumpeter Brian Lynch both burned through various Miles arrangements and added their own Latin kick. The park where the show was held was set up quite well with ample seating as well as a great sound system. From the park you get an incredible view of the city at night, and it provided a very relaxing atmosphere in which to enjoy the show.

So that was the good part of the trip.

The bad part of the trip was due to my own bad judgement in trusting others not to screw me over or lead me on. I drove 500 miles to see some jazz and get screwed over by not only a girl but also a good friend. All in one weekend. Labor day weekend in which I used up vacation time so I could be there no less.

Won't be doing that again, I can tell you that.

I hope to return to Chicago again in the future under better terms because I did enjoy the parts of it I saw. Back to your regularly scheduled ranting soon.

HOW 'BOUT DEM TITANS!!!!!!


No comments: