Wednesday, January 26, 2005

A Blog You Should Be Reading.............

..........

Soon to be added to my blogroll is the excellent Friends of Democracy, a site dedicated to ground level election news from the people of Iraq.

In their own words-

Friends of Democracy - Our Vision

Despite the challenges, we were seeing free and democratic Iraq, we were living the hard laboring moment we believe that every one of us has duty towards our beloved country

By our hands, work, thoughts, sacrifice we will build up the new Iraq.

Our home is open for every friend of democracy and they are many in Iraq.

We are the hope of the rest of peoples which longed for freedom and they are looking with the eye of hope to the Iraqi sample.

Let us show them a shining sample and let us remind them that we are the ones of the first code of laws. Let them share us to work with full efforts to push forward the democracy process in Iraq.


Iraq does fascinate me as a country, and I would love to be able to visit it one day. The history of mankind is etched in stone throughout the area. I have met quite a few Kurdish folks here in Nashville (apparently Nashville has the largest population of Kurds outside of Iraq- we're known as "little Kurdistan"), and they have always been warm and freindly, not to mention outstanding cooks. I think I can blame part of my expanding waistline to the lamb Gyro's I get from the place around the corner from my office. Tasty stuff indeed.

Everyone should be supporting a safe and successful election in Iraq on Sunday, because it will mean not only progress for Iraq, but for other nations struggling for freedom as well.

No comments: